Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chicks Can Be So Needy

It seems that Peep (Alice?) has grown quite attached to being held. Snuggled into my shirt with one hand, she's quiet and sweet. Put down in her house, she's loud (PEEP!) and angry. Despite reassurances that she's "weeks" away from being able to fly-jump out of her box, she did just that last night in angry defiance of being set down. So, I caved and kept her snuggled into my hand for most of the evening. We sent some emails, we watered the plants, we talked on the phone. We watched Big Love. She didn't seem all that impressed.

I was finally able to settle her down in her little apartment by cuddling her into a sheep-shaped hot water bottle cover. Then I turned off all the lights, ran into my bedroom and shut the door.

On a separate note, I passed this sign on the way to 'wichcraft for lunch yesterday. It made me smile. And then I ordered the chicken salad sandwich. It was delicious! Don't tell Alice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin & I must see the Peep immediately.

Also, here's an article that I think will speak to you deeply.

Amber