Monday, June 25, 2007

Peep Will Communicate!

I have to admit, I was pretty worried about Peep today. She was alone for about 12 hours with only her stuffed mouse and my iPod for company. So I was relieved to find her safe and sound (and bigger?) when I arrived home. Maybe I need a webcam...

I've been trying to keep some background noise around for her amusement. Last night it was Aimee Mann, tonight we're enjoying a little of Wilco's new album. She hasn't stopped chirping since I put it on -- I'm not sure if that's good or bad -- but she certainly has an opinion.

For those wondering, Peep's set-up is far less elaborate than the one featured in the Times article.

Empty air conditioner box + food tray + water bottle + Mr. Mouse = Chez Peep


Bird Song of the Day: Hummingbird - Wilco

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nell - your neighbors called. They are willing to negotiate......they know your mom just got a shipment of baby llamas.........:)

Marc

kaitlin said...

Oh my, Peep's stuffed mouse is bigger than she is!
I vote for the name "Alice." After all, she has gone down a rabbit hole of sorts and has ended up in the big city. And I think the name "Soup" is not quite refined enough for your feathered friend.