Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Peep Phone Home

First things first. I added a roosting pole to Peep's house. Apparently learning to roost is very important. It took Peep -- brilliant bird that she is -- only two hours to learn the trick. Now she's perching (and pooping, but I'll gloss over that) everywhere. I'm starting to feel as if I'm only a few chicken steps away from marooning myself on an island off of Brooklyn.

You'll also notice that Mr. Rooster has joined Peep's apartment. Last night I came home to the sound of Peep's peeping, but no Peep. She was snuggled right underneath her new man. Quite the hussy.

Now, on to the big news. Peep has an iPhone! She's officially a city bird and most likely spoiled for life. And thanks to a certain awesomely generous company, I get to enjoy the phone too.

Here's Peep examining her new toy:

(Note: this picture was taken with my old phone. Here, you can see the iPhone was on camera mode; the picture on the screen is my gorgeous red Ikea "Alve" secretary. Peep likes it.)

And here's the iPhone's point of view:



Bird Song of the Day: When Doves Cry - Damien Rice

2 comments:

kaitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kaitlin said...

Miss Peep looks somewhat disgruntled in those iPhone shots. Perhaps the phone was making funny noises? Or perhaps she was afraid it was an interloper after Mr. Rooster's affections? In either case, I suggest this (Gus likes it!): http://www.monstertones.com/ringtones/songs/chicken-ringtones.html